All Austin Cooperative Nursery School (“The Co-op”) is beginning our search for a teacher to join our community beginning the 2018-2019 school year.
The Co-Op is a part-time preschool located in Central Austin. A community of parents, teachers, and children create and support the program together to provide high-quality experiential learning for our children in a secular environment. Our non-profit school is a true cooperative, run by a board made up of parents, the director, the teachers, and members of the Austin community. Each family is responsible for a support job, and parents take turns assisting the teacher in the classroom.
The ideal candidate will share in our values and philosophy:
- Young children learning through play
- Active exploration
- Problem solving
- Respect for other ideas and perspectives
- Learning in an inviting, relaxed, and accepting atmosphere
- Guiding children’s physical, intellectual, emotional, and social development
- Encouraging active engagement with a variety of rich, diverse materials
- Risk taking and encouraging independence
Experience as a lead teacher in an early childhood program required, with relevant education preferred.